Make Your Bathroom Remodeling Dreams Come True in Your Prairie Village Home
If you’re remodeling your bathroom in the greater Kansas City area, chances are you’re looking for a new shower or tub to elevate and modernize your space. Showers and tubs are some of the best features in any bathroom, and choosing the right one is an important part of the remodeling process. It’s a long-term investment and you should pick one that suits you the most.
While professional bathroom remodelers like NextGen Remodeling can help guide your choices, you might want to do some research in advance before beginning your project with us. Review these considerations so you’re prepared when you say “yes!” to us after receiving your free, detailed estimate.
Consider Your Overall Bathroom Remodeling Budget and Space
How much you intend to spend on your upgraded bathroom is one of the most important considerations when planning a remodel.
Custom bathtubs and showers, for example, tend to be more pricey than prefabricated, store-bought ones. But, they’re worth it because you’re getting something designed to fit your space and made just for you.
The amount of space available to you is also an important consideration. If you need to move plumbing, you’ll need professional advice to determine how it can be done, and where it can go.
Measuring is vital, too, to ensure everything fits nicely and is comfortable for you to navigate. For example, smaller bathrooms may require a bathtub-shower combination, which will take up less space. However, larger rooms can accommodate a full shower and freestanding tub.
Also important when considering layout is your lifestyle. Do you need ADA accessibility, like a curbless, barrier-free shower? Do you have kids or pets that you need to be able to get in and out of the tub without fuss?
Choosing a Shower for Your Bathroom Remodel
Finding the perfect shower can seem like a daunting task because there are so many options out there. It seems like a small choice to make, but showers can make all the difference in your daily routine. It’s important to know how to pick the right shower for your lifestyle and your space.
- Thermostatic mixer showers manually mix hot and cold water supplies together and keep the water at a consistent temperature. By doing so, these showers reduce the risk of scaling and are ideal for young children or the elderly.
- Power showers increase the water pressure in a home and draw from both hot and cold water supplies. They can help increase the water pressure in your shower and are great for homes that struggle with low water pressure.
- Electric showers are popular, efficient, and easy to install. They have their own heating component, so only a cold water supply is needed.
- Digital showers usually come with a type of control panel or remote device that allows the freedom you need to curate your shower perfectly to your needs. You can select your preferred temperature, water flow, and more.
Looking for contractors to help with a bathroom remodel near you? Here at NextGen Remodeling, we can design and install a wide selection of options and types of shower surrounds, walk-ins, and shower pans.
Shower Head Options
Even the smallest details matter when it comes to picking the perfect shower for your type of bathroom. The two most common types of shower heads are fixed and handheld.
- Fixed shower heads are permanently mounted to the shower unit, either on the wall or ceiling. These types of shower heads are usually adjustable, and have plenty of luxury options available, like a waterfall shower head, or an array of shower heads throughout the shower stall.
- Handheld shower heads allow for more flexibility than regular fixed shower heads. These kinds of shower heads are usually connected to the wall by a flexible hose and are easy to detach. Because of its adjustability, this shower head is helpful when bathing children or pets.
Choosing a Bathtub for Your Bathroom Remodel in Kansas City
A tub is a staple feature of any bathroom, and there are all kinds of tub options available in a variety of materials. But with several styles to choose from, how do you know which tub is best for your space? Here are some of the most popular types:
- Free-standing tubs are a true statement piece in a bathroom, and can be placed anywhere. Want an elevated look to your freestanding tub? Add clawed feet at the bottom for a luxurious effect, or opt for a more modern, curved shape.
- Alcove tubs have walls on three sides and are the best way to maximize space in your bathroom. These tubs can also be accompanied by a wall-mounted shower, for a tub-shower combination.
- As the name probably suggests, drop-in tubs drop into a framed, cut out area that is tiled to match the bathroom tile or cabinets. Like alcove tubs, these work well with walls on three sides.
- Corner tubs are a variation of alcove and drop in tubs. They are usually surrounded by two walls and are triangular in shape.
Want your bathroom to feel more luxurious? Opt for soothing accessories like jets, underwater lights, and a digital control panel that can help you control these features with a click of a button. Read more about how you can create your very own spa-like retreat at home.
Get Started on Your Remodel with Help from Kansas City’s NextGen Remodeling
Don’t face a complex kitchen or bathroom remodel in Kansas City on your own, especially when you have professional help just a phone call away.
Nextgen Remodeling will provide you with a free, quick estimate for your bathroom project, and can even take a look at other quotes you’ve received for a line-by-line comparison.
To talk to one of our remodeling experts, call us today or send us a message today.