Basement Remodeling Pricing Guide
Explore Estimate Samples from Kansas City’s Next Generation of Home Remodeling Contractors
Our pricing guides below…
If you’re looking for bathroom remodeling pricing for basement bathrooms, please refer to our bathroom pricing guide.
Variables in Basement Remodeling Costs
Designing and transforming a basement can bring tremendous value to your home. However, with so many layouts and options, it can be difficult to provide a ballpark estimate. We start all our basement projects by defining a budget before we create a scope of work that fits your needs.
The cost to finish or remodel your basement can vary widely for many reasons, but our basements typically cost $50,000 to $150,000, depending on finish level and the options you choose. However, in general, our price per square foot ranges from $85 to $185 or more.
Other factors that can influence complete project cost include:
- Age of the home
- Total square footage of the project
- Basement accessibility (such as interior stairs to the basement, or a walk-out basement door)
- Home systems (plumbing, electrical, HVAC)
- Egress windows or doors
- Foundation or slab condition
- Ceiling height
- Staircase installation, replacement, or refinishing
- Division into multiple living spaces
Finished Basement Customization
We’re always happy to include additions to your estimate and project scope. No idea is too big or too small.
Our clients often request:
- Sound-dampening insulation
- Media or theater room
- Defined home gym area
- Egress windows
- Built-in storage solutions
- Dedicated home office space
- Walk-out exterior door (where possible)
- Pet bathing station
- Fully-equipped custom laundry room
- Full kitchen
- And more